In your time alone with God in scripture reflection, solitude, prayer and journaling, begin with a breath prayer like "Holy Spirit, come," or listen to a song from the playlist. This summer we are focusing on one
Psalm per week. Consider using one or more of the practices to reflect on the Psalm.
- JOURNALING: Write out the Psalm in your journal. Make notes in the margins to amplify or clarify words. Be creative with doodling, drawing, highlighting words or phrases, collaging with cut-out words or pictures. Take your journal with you wherever you go this summer. At the end of the summer you will have a journal full of your own reflections, thoughts and prayers!
- READING: Take time to slowly read aloud the Psalm. What words or phrases stand out to you? What questions do you have? What feelings arise in you? Which physical response seems appropriate: hands raised or open? head bowed or lifted? standing or seated?
- MEMORIZING: Commit to memory one or more verses.
- PRAYING: How does this Psalm inspire praise, confession, lament, gratitude, or guidance for yourself, others or the world?
Weekly Scripture Readings
Week of June 12
Week of June 19
Week of June 26
Week of July 3
Week of July 10
Week of July 17
Week of July 24
Week of July 31
Week of August 7
Week of August 14
Week of August 21
Week of August 28
Week of September 4
The songs in this playlist are based on the scriptures in the Psalms. Like the psalms in the Bible, they are intimate and honest songs that express praise, thanksgiving, lament, confession and longing for God. We invite you to listen to these songs of prayer in your personal time alone with God and throughout your day.
Below we have a Spotify and an Apple Music playlist for you to use.
- Psalm 8 (How Majestic Is Your Name)- Shane & Shane
- The Majesty and Glory of Your Name (Psalm 8) - Tennessee Ladies' Chorus and Tennessee Men's Chorale
- Psalm 13 (How Long?) - The Porter's Gate
- Psalm 13 (live) - The Worship Initiative
- Psalm 13- Shane & Shane
- Fullness of Joy (Psalm 16) - Caroline Cobb
- Let the Words of My Mouth (Psalm 19) - Fernando Ortega
- The Lord is My Shepherd (Psalm 23) - Paul Zach, Page CXVI
- Psalm 23 (I Am Not Alone) - People & Songs
- 25 - Red Rocks Worship
- Psalm 27 (One Thing) - Shane & Shane
- Psalm 34 (Taste and See) - The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
- Psalm 42- Tori Kelly
- Psalm 46 (Lord of Hosts) - Shane & Shane
- White As Snow (Psalm 51) - Jon Foreman
- 56 - Red Rocks Worship
- My Soul Finds Rest (Psalm 62) - Sandra McCracken
- O God, You Are My God (Psalm 63) - Fernando Ortega
- Psalm 63 (Better Than Life) - Shane & Shane
- Psalm 66 (You Are Great) - Robbie Seay Band
- Psalm 84 (I'm Home) - Shane & Shane
- Lord, Draw Near (Psalm 88) - Cardiphonia Music
- Come, Let Us Worship (Psalm 95) - Fernando Ortega
- Psalm 100 (Enter In) - People & Songs
- Don't Forget His Love (Psalm 103) - Ellie Holcomb
- East/West (Psalm 103) - Paul Zach
- Psalm 116 (I Love You, Lord) - Mission House
- The Lord Has Done Great Things (Psalm 126) - Coram Deo Church
- Psalm 130 (I Wait) - Robbie Seay Band
- You See (Psalm 139) - Jonathan Ogden
- 139 - Red Rocks Worship
- Psalm 143 (Revive Me) - Shane & Shane
- Psalm 145 (Live) - Shane & Shane
- Praise the Lord (Psalm 150)- The Trails Church