Throughout Scripture, we are reminded of the importance of giving back a portion of what God has so generously provided. God tells us that giving is an act of worship and it should be done with joy and thanksgiving.
At SBPC, giving can be done in worship services, online, through Designated Giving, and Legacy Giving (Kingdom Builder Foundation).
The ministries of SBPC are supported solely by the faithful giving of friends and members, funding life-changing ministries within our church family, in the community and around the world. Your part in support of Christ’s church is a blessing to all, but more importantly a source of joy for you and your family. You, the body of Christ in Solana Beach Presbyterian Church, are a living example of the power and presence of God.
If you have committed to life together at SBPC, we ask that you support the vision that God has given to your church with uncommonly generous service, prayer, and giving.
Uncommon generosity comes in all shapes and sizes and is not the same for everyone. Pray about how you may be generous with what God has given to you.
We are grateful to God for all the gifts he has given and believe he is calling us to be a church that reaches out to our community, welcomes the next generation of families and children, and blesses those around us through acts of service so that they see God at work in our world and know the life-changing love of Jesus.
Thank you for taking time to seriously consider your commitments to SBPC.
In addition to your regular tithes and offerings, we also have designated giving funds that fund the program costs of specific ministries. Below is a sampling of designated giving accounts. More opportunities are available if you follow the Designated Giving link above and use the drop down menu to designate your gift.
- DISASTER RELIEF: We are committed to be a light in the world in times of need. From wildfires to floods, refugee and health crises, through the Disaster Relief Fund we are able to coordinate a response and deploy resources when time matters most. Contribute today to help when the next disaster strikes.
- OUR FRIENDS IN ETHIOPIA: SBPC is at work in the desert of Ethiopia to bring the gospel and community development to a group known simply as “our friends”.
- DEACONS: Caring, praying, and serving with compassion, with Jesus as our example, define Deacon’s Ministries. The church charges its Deacons to minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress both within and beyond the community of faith.
- COMMUNITY SERVE DAY: Community Serve Day is an event where we join with our friends and neighbors to do good in our community for the glory of God.
- COME BUILD HOPE: Come Build Hope is our annual Memorial Day Weekend home building trip in Baja, Mexico. We partner with Mexican families to build relationships, homes, and hope.
- HISPANIC MINISTRY: Our Hispanic Ministry serves our local community with support and encouragement through worship, service, and specific helps.
- CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS: You can give to help middle and high school campers get to camp. Our students have a great opportunity at camp to connect with God and each other.
Kingdom Builder Foundation
The Kingdom Builder Foundation has been prayerfully created to allow us to dream big. It puts Christ-focused ministries on a course where money is generated and invested to sustain a perpetual motion of growing and giving.
The Kingdom Builder Foundation was created in 2007 to provide members and friends of Solana Beach Presbyterian Church the opportunity to leave legacy gifts to a member managed foundation. Interest earned on conservatively invested foundation gifts will be granted annually to answer God’s desire for us to do significant kingdom building at our church, in the community and around the world.
Visit the Kingdom Builder Foundation website for more information, apply for a grant, or learn how you can leave an enduring legacy gift
Biblical Themes of Giving
GOD IS A GENEROUS GOD
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights. James 1:17
See Also: Psalms 85:12, Psalms 104:28, Deuteronomy 1:25, Matthew 7:11, Psalms 34:10, Psalms 103:5, Psalms 107:9 Luke 11:13
WE GIVE BECAUSE OF GOD’S GENEROSITY
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. 2 Corinthians 9:11
See Also: 1 Chronicles 29:14, Genesis 12:2, Luke 12:48
WE GIVE OUT OF OBEDIENCE TO GOD AND FAITHFUL STEWARDSHIP OF GOD’S GIFTS
The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. Psalms 24:1
See Also: Acts 20:35, Matthew 25:23, Philippians 4:17, 2 Corinthians 9:6
WE GIVE TO PUT OUR TRUST IN GOD AND NOT OURSELVES
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
See Also: Proverbs 11:28, 1 Timothy 6:17-19
WE GIVE AS AN ACT OF WORSHIP
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
See Also: Matthew 6:21, Proverbs 3:9, Romans 12:1