Current Open Positions
- Early Childhood Ministries Staff (part-time, 5 positions open)
- Administrative Assistant for Children's & Preteen Ministries
Job Descriptions and Application Information
EARLY CHILDHOOD CLASSROOM LEAD
Do you want to be part of an energetic, creative, compassionate, and nurturing team that makes a difference in bringing up strong and capable children?
Do you love seeing the energy and joy a child has while playing and learning? Are you looking for something meaningful with minimal, flexible hours that still allows for plenty of time for family, school, and/or other commitments? Are you fulfilled by building relationships and working as part of a team to care for kids, making a difference in the lives of children and families?
If this sounds like you, this position might be just what you are looking for! As a part of a team of caregivers, an Early Childhood Class Lead at Solana Beach Presbyterian Church is someone who views caring for young children as a joy and privilege, loves teaching and nurturing kids at play, and seeks to help them understand they are known and loved by God and those caring for them!
To apply for this position, submit a resume to email@example.com.
Administrative Assistant for Children's & Preteen Ministries
We are looking for a fun loving person with strong communication, organization and computer skills to join our office team at Solana Beach Presbyterian Church. Help by supporting the Children’s and Preteen Ministries Department working with fellow staff, families, and volunteers in our congregation.
Classification: Part Time, 20 Hours Per Week, Weekend Hours Included.
Pay Range: $21.00 - $22.00
Education: Associate's degree or higher preferred or the equivalent education and experience of at least 3 years admin or business experience.
Experience & Skills Needed:
- Heart for the local church and a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Proficient in: MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite including Google Drive (including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, & Calendar), Adobe software including Acrobat, Searching and ordering online products
- Passing score on admin skills test taken online.
- Working knowledge of additional internet programs including Evite, Mailchimp, Canva or similar programs.
- Proven experience providing administrative clerical support in a changing environment requiring multi-tasking and the ability to create one’s own organization and processes needed.
- Understand the complexity of evolving or “grey” issues and clearly communicate boundaries and instructions to all types of individuals (including leadership, volunteers, members of the congregation, or other groups and provide clear feedback to supervisor.
- Ideal background includes at least one year applicable experience in a similar role in a Christian or non-profit environment.
- Work collaboratively with staff and lay leadership to achieve goals through changing times and when resources are limited. Patience, flexibility, tact and diplomacy are necessary.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strong, efficient, and proactive administrative support to all areas of CPM including but not limited to midweek and weekend programs, volunteer coordination, supplies & distribution of curriculum, and special events.
- Develop and execute expertise in staff online programs (Planning Center, Google Drive, Monday) used to maintain clean department data, including but not limited to rosters, lists, schedules, and workflows and departmental goals.
- Provide administrative support in vetting, training, onboarding, scheduling, and communicating with CPM volunteers.
- Organize and assist with weekly, monthly, yearly events by publicizing registration details and managing room reservations, supplies, and catering.
- Produce department related communications (social media, emails, website, handouts, postcards, flyers, slides, and manuals) that are visually creative and culturally relevant in collaboration with Communication Department staff.
- Responsible for weekly set-up and tear-down of Sunday morning check-in system as well as problem solving technical issues that may arise.
- Create an environment of hospitality when interfacing with those outside our department by phone, in person or otherwise. This position will often be the initial point of contact for families exploring our church or looking for more information about our department.
- Provide monthly review of CPM budgets to make sure expenses are processed properly, exceptions pre-approved and budgets not exceeded.
- Attend all trainings and meetings as assigned, including all staff meetings
- Other related duties as assigned or as needed