IMPORTANT NOTE TAKING NOTES
- You can take notes on this page and email them to yourself at the bottom of the page
- If you navigate away from this page before you email yourself, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR NOTES
- You may take notes anytime and email them to yourself as much as you'd like :)
Come With Me - Following Jesus
Mark 1:16-20 (NLT)
16 One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. 17 Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” 18 And they left their nets at once and followed him.
19 A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee’s sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. 20 He called them at once, and they also followed him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired men.
Jesus called out to them… He called them at once.
- Context: “Jesus was walking along the shore… he saw them… called out to them.”
As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Levi got up and followed him. Mark 2:14 (NLT)
and they also followed him.
- Community: “they left their nets at once and followed him… and they also followed him.”
And they left their nets… leaving their father with the hired men.
- Commitments we make to take the next steps of faith.
Prayer for establishing and renewing a relationship with God through Jesus.
God, thank you for showing yourself to me. Jesus, I turn to you, admit I need you, and ask you to enter my heart by faith. By your Spirit, restore my heart with your forgiveness; help me to hear your voice and know your love. Gather me with others to worship and serve you; to nurture our faith and shine your light in the world. Thank you for calling me your child. Amen.
For next week: Read and journal on Mark 1. Download the Filament App for Mark and familiarize yourself with the resources for study.