Stephen Ministry recognizes the brokenness in all of us… and helps to bring Christ’s healing to us through each other.
Can a Stephen Minister help you? Do you need help?
- Have you recently suffered a loss?
- Are you new in the community and feeling uprooted?
- Do you doubt God’s presence and love for you?
- Do your job worries seem too great to handle? Are they getting you down?
- Are you, or someone you love, facing hospitalization or surgery?
- Are you feeling depressed? Do you often wish you had someone to share your thoughts with?
- Are you confused about events in you life?
- Are you hurting?
A Stephen Minister is…
- a caring Christian – desiring to offer support to others in time of need
- a sharing Christian – bringing who he/she is to each helping relationship, as a partner in another’s life experiences
- a trained Christian – having developed helping skills through intensive coursework
- a dedicated Christian – one committed to confidential, in-depth caring
A Stephen Minister is not…
- a professional pastor, therapist, counselor, or psychologist
- a social worker providing lots of physical services
- an expert in law, finance, church doctrine, etc.
- a brief, superficial visitor ‘touching base’ with people now and then
Trained individuals provide support and a confidential caring relationships in times of need for persons facing various acute life challenges/crises.
Penny Cox, Referrals and Requests for a Stephen Minister
Confidential phone number
Sheila Ransom, Stephen Ministry Team Leader
Karen La-Haise, SBPC Staff Contact
858-509-2580 x 1221
Would you like to be trained as a Stephen Minister?
- Stephen Ministry is a distinctively Christian caring ministry that provides one-on-one support to individuals experiencing all kinds of life’s challenges and needs.
- If you have any of the spiritual gifts of mercy, encouragement, and wisdom and have a heart for ministering to individuals experiencing difficult challenges of life, Stephen Ministry is for you.
- Stephen Ministry Basic Training will continue on Mondays beginning each January. This phase runs for 6 months and is followed by 15 months of active care ministry supported by your own spiritual formation, continuing education (2nd Monday evening of each month), and supervision.
- BASIC TRAINING 2021 TBA