Senior Center COVID-19 Update
- The Senior Center is closed until further notice. If you need practical assistance please call Cindy and Elizabeth at 858-509-2587. We are still here for you and have access to info/resources should you need them.
- Stay connected reading the Encore Senior Center newsletter online. It can be located under solanabeach.church, menu, Mature Adults and accessed at the bottom of that page or by clicking here. Stay tuned for an May/June Encore coming soon.
- ALL AARP Tax Aide sites are closed until further notice.
- Many of you would like to stay active and are missing the exercise programs through the senior center. Here are online opportunities to stay fit.
Feeling Fit Club
The Feeling Fit Club is a free exercise program for those over 50 that makes it comfortable and easy to take the first step toward a healthy lifestyle, including more physical activity.
The program is offered throughout the County via on-screen classes hosted by trained instructors.
You can watch episodes anytime. And you can watch on County News Center TV Monday through Friday at 8 a.m., 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. View on:
- Cox channels 19 and 24
- Spectrum channels 24 and 85
- AT&T U-Verse channel 99
Silver Age Yoga
During this period of suspended classes, we want to remind you that our Online Video Class series is available.
In 2009, Silver Age Yoga worked in cooperation with San Diego County’s Aging and Independence Services department to produce a series of televised classes. These classes are now available for you to watch at your convenience on the Silver Age Yoga website.
Each of the five episodes is about one half hour long, and Certified Silver Age Yoga Instructor Helena Bray leads the class, along with two friends who demonstrate possible modifications to the postures.
You can go to the online classes directly here, or you can find the link at the bottom of our “Find a Class” page.
Please keep an eye on our website, www.silverageyoga.org, periodically for updates – we will post new information as we receive it.