Sunday at SBPC is a day to worship, serve, and connect with each other. We want this place to be the best place for the whole family, from the youngest to the oldest and everyone in between! We believe that the all generations have something to learn from and something to give to all other generations.
From our busy Children’s Center, active Student Hub, phenomenal worship services, and people buzzing all around the patio enjoying those great donut holes, Sunday is full of life here on our campus. We want to take all of that energy and turn it into a time of refueling before we leave to go back to help shine God’s light where we work, live, and play.
Come for a visit. Stay and become part of the family. Welcome home.
Sundays at 8:30 am and 10:15 am
11:30 am en Español
We WORSHIP God in community with authenticity, diversity, and passion
We BELONG with each other through faith in Christ and membership in his church
We GROW in small groups through transformational relationships, study and prayer
We SERVE with uncommon generosity by giving of our time, spiritual gifts, and financial resources
We IMPACT the world by demonstrating the kingdom of God and inviting others to join it.
Our Church History
Geraldine Cox, Mary Buzan, Francis Nelson, and Florence Wilkens began conducting a small Sunday School with the dream of becoming a “church for the community.” They met in Justice Court, part of the Solana Beach Hotel on the plaza. Their first service was attended by seven people.
MARCH 31, 1946
The church is formally organized as Solana Beach Community Church.
The first church building is dedicated. The chapel was purchased as military surplus from Camp Callan (the current site of Torrey Pines Golf Course).
1957 - 1959
The church is growing and starts to look for a new place to gather. In 1957 a suitable new location of five acres was found out “in the sticks” at the corner of Skyline Drive (present day Lomas Santa Fe Drive) and Stevens Avenue (our current location). A new chapel and fellowship building were dedicated in January 1959.
We changed our name to United Presbyterian Church of Solana Beach.
1963 - 1964
Our first children's buildings were built and the Solana Beach Presbyterian Preschool was opened in 1964.
We changed our name to Solana Beach Presbyterian Church.
1970s and 1980s
The church continues to grow and adds to the sanctuary and builds Debin Hall as a new gathering place. We continue our outreach to the community and worldwide.
We purchased an additional two acres to add to our campus which eventually became the home of our preschool, Hispanic worship center, and our offices.
We completed construction on our new children's building, chapel, and expanded outdoor spaces. Our campus has become a launching pad for ministry at home in our community through Community Serve Day, Casa de Amistad, youth and children's programs, our preschool, MOPS, and to our world with global partnerships in Hungary, Ethiopia, El Salvador, Mexico, and more.
We are continue to strive to become a growing community of fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Meet our church
Do you have questions or need help getting connected? Fill out the contact form and we will get in touch with you.