This Fall, we invite you to continue (or begin) personal spiritual practices by spending fifteen minutes a day with God in scripture, prayer, and solitude. We are encouraging everyone to use a journal for reflection during their time alone this fall and believe it is a practice that can help you reflect and remember what you heard each day.
Use this guide for your daily reading and enrich your time with recommended music and books.
SPENDING TIME ALONE WITH GOD
Read a passage from this week’s selection. What word or phrase are you drawn to?
Spend a few minutes in silence listening to what God may be telling you.
Be Creative. If you are writing, then write as little or as much as you’d like, but also feel free to draw, paint or collage.
Be Honest. As you journal, use that time to be aware of your feelings while resisting the temptation to declare them good or bad. Share your true thoughts. Embrace freedom and grace.
Be Free. See God as your heavenly parent who receives your writing and/or art with great joy and delight.
Weekly Scripture Readings
Week of September 19
Week of September 26
Week of October 3
Week of October 10
- James 3:1-12
- Esther 7:1-6; 9-10, 9:20-22
- Psalm 124
- Numbers 11:4-6, 10-16, 24-29
- Psalm 19:7-14
- Mark 9:30-37
Week of October 17
Week of October 24
As we continue to grow in our relationship with God and in intimacy with Jesus, these songs express our longing for the nearness of God and for our desire to be transformed through the Holy Spirit- to lean into the Lord, to trust God with our lives and surrender all.
This playlist can also be a starting point for you, and we encourage you to create your own playlist of songs (on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube) that speak to you more personally of who God is and allow you to draw near to him as he draws near to you.
- Jesus What a Savior - Housefires
- Be Thou My Vision (Lord You Are) [Acoustic] - Shane & Shane
- Available (Morning & Evening) - Elevation Worship
- Teach Us Your Ways - The Porter’s Gate, Leslie Jordan
- Psalm 84 (I'm Home) - Shane & Shane
- New Wine - Hillsong Worship
- Refiner's Fire (Live) - Vineyard Worship, Jeremiah Carlson
- By the Spirit (Live) - Pat Barrett, Jon Reddick, Franni Cash Cain
- Came to My Rescue - Hillsong Worship
- Breathe - Shane & Shane
- Different - Micah Tyler
- It is Well - Bethel Music, Kristene Dimarco
- Your Will Be Done (Acoustic) - City Alight
- Instrument of Peace - The Porter’s Gate
- Blessed Assurance - The Worship Initiative
- Worthy Of It All (Live) - CeCe Winans